Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I am. I am. I am.

Hello stranger.

I realized that if I'm to attempt to be a "real" blogger I should have an introductory post for those who may not know me in real life.

So.
My name is Stephanie Shaikh. I live in Chicago with my husband, Nabeel (as of today, we've been married one week and three days, but we dated for five and a half years before we got married). I have two cats who I am sure I will talk about often. Their names are Icarus Nolan Ledger Shaikh (he's the orange one) and Bellatrix Lestrange, or Belly (she's the grey one).
I have a degree in English and American Literature, but I am currently doing nothing with it. I love poetry. And young adult/independent reader fantasy. Sylvia Plath is one of my favorite writers, but I also espeically love Anne Sexton, LeRoi Jones (now Amiri Baraka), Harryette Mullen, and many others, but I cannot recall any more names at the moment.
I work at a Paper Source, and you can find me there crafting things out of paper, rubber stamps, tape and baker's twine.
When I am not working, which is often because I'm only part time (note: if you or anyone you know is looking for a full-time secretary or editor or proofreader, let me know! I need a "grown up" job), you can find me on the back deck of my apartment reading a book. Or playing Lego Harry Potter on my phone. But more likely reading. Lately, I've been re-reading the Harry Potter series in preparation for the final film which comes out on July 15th (Wahhhhh.... I'm sad). I self-identify as a slightly obsessive and most definitely crazy Harry Potter fan. I have two HP tattoos (the Deathly Hallows sign and the chapter illustration from HP & the Half-Blood Prince: The Cave), I collect HP toys and having been reading the books and watching the movies since I was 11. Basically, Harry Potter has been my favorite thing in the whole world for half my life (I'm 21, almost 22).
I also like writing letters and if you haven't heard of Postcrossing.com, you should really go check it out!

I am going to go watch 10 Things I Hate About You with my husband.

I think I'm going to do a post next about my favorite blogs, so keep an eye out for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment